Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nut Free Paleo: Trail Mix

Trail mix is one of my favorite standby snacks.  It's nutritious, full of energy, and mighty tasty.  Crafting a nut-free, (mostly) paleo version has been high on my list.

Here I've used one of my favorite combinations -pumpkin seeds, chocolate chips, and dried apples, and added some other nutritious goodies.  Of course, you can make it however you want, but I mixed (about equal) parts dried cranberries, dried apples, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, peanuts (not paleo) and allergy-free chocolate chips (also not paleo).


What's your favorite snack?

Note: all of the seeds shown here carry a label indicating possible cross-contamination.  People with very serious nut allergies may need to look elsewhere for their seed supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment