Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lemon Tea Bread

I've been having a less-than stellar week.  It's been a little tough to keep my head above water for whatever reason.  When I feel that kind of stress, my go-to activity is cooking.  Somehow the motions and and control are calming.  Evaluating, mixing, spreading, baking.  I love the repetition and the peace.  Today I made lemon tea bread, because I was craving a sweet dessert.  I adapted this recipe to use up some of the packages and ingredients (including lemons) currently populating my corner of the fridge.  Pumpkin Lemon Bread was born.


Continue reading for the recipe



Ingredients:
-1 c. whole wheat flour
-1 c. whole spelt flour
-2 tsp. baking soda
-1 egg
-1/3 c. honey
-1/4 c. olive oil
-1/2 c. yogurt
-1/2 c. pumpkin
-Zest of one lemon
-Juice of 1/2 lemon

-Coconut chips for decoration

Method:
-Combine everything in a bowl and mix well.  I know recipes tell you to mix and weigh and allow flavors to develop, but on days like this, who has time for that?  I used scant cups of all the liquids, and basically just mixed until the dough looked like a quick-bread should.  Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for about an hour.

Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment