Monday, April 9, 2012

Science Experiments

Some people collect coins.  Some, vintage cars.  Some, issues of Vanity Fair from the 1980s.  I collect answers (and dresses.  I love dresses.).  My favorite thing is to learn something new and file it away for future reference.  Especially when it comes to food.  I want to know the how, what, why, and where of food.  I want to know how to make my own of everything.  Before modern times, everything was homemade -so why can't we do it again?  Don't get me wrong, chocolate bars are delicious, and pasta from the store is delightfully convenient.  I'd rather, however, make the choice to buy store pasta rather than have to do it because I can't make my own!  So as I try new things, from applesauce, to yogurt, to nurturing a sourdough starter, I'm trying to keep a journal of all the knowledge I collect.

It's fun to play scientist and write all my observations down.

Especially when I have a set of pretty colored pencils.



No comments:

Post a Comment