Saturday, April 14, 2012

English Muffins

After the resounding success of yesterday's pancakes (which I repeated today with a generous spoonful of cinnamon stirred into the batter -YUM) I decided to see what else my plucky little starter could do.  I settled on these.  This recipe appealed to me because unlike many others, it didn't require weighing all the ingredients and there were no fortellings of doom if my starter wasn't 100% proofed or I used a 50/50 white/wheat flour blend (which I did).

They turned out perfectly.  Really, truly, perfectly.  They are light, fluffy, moist, and have all the nooks and crannies one would expect from an English Muffin.  They also have very little sour sourdough taste -just enough that they have good flavor. These would be good plain, with butter and jam, or with any other spread imaginable.  A friend and I plan to cook veggie burgers together this week, and I will be putting mine on one of these.  Maybe I'll make my next batch dairy-free, so she can have some too!


 
 Perfect.  Looking forward to more adventures in sourdough baking as my starter matures!

No comments:

Post a Comment